We have a wealth of experience, acting on behalf of employers and employees, dealing with both contentious and non-contentious employment work. We frequently act for company directors and senior executives, dealing with complex and often sensitive high value commercial cases. We provide practical and robust advice, which is of paramount importance in this area of law. We aim to help resolve employment disputes and protect our client's position and achieve their objectives.
We advise on a wide variety of employment issues including:
- contracts of employment and Director's service agreements
- termination of employment and loss of office
- breach of contract
- unfair dismissal
- disciplinary and performance review investigations and proceedings
- fiduciary duties
- post termination restrictive covenants
- TUPE and commercial business due diligence issues
We also provide specialist advice and assistance in preparing Settlement Agreements on behalf of employers. In addition we often advise departing employees on proposed ‘without prejudice’ severance arrangements and, in particular, the waiver and settlement of their contractual and statutory rights arising on the termination of their employment and the terms and effect of Settlement Agreements.
Please contact our Employment Partner: Chris Hugo.